Quality Classes, Recognized Training
Etoile is an Établissement Libre d’Enseignement Supérieur (Higher Education Institution), registered with the Rectorat de Paris (Ministry of National Education) under number 384/07-16.
The Cours de Français pour Etrangers / Langue et Civilisation Françaises (French for Foreigners / French Language and Culture) program taught by Etoile Institut is recognized as a higher-education program since 2000.
Our Educational Commitments
- Professors that are native French speakers and graduates with at least one Master’s degree in teaching French as a foreign language (FLE)
- Classes aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
- Classes that reflect France and French as it is lived and spoken today
- A strong commitment to quality: our French language classes have been awarded the Qualité FLE Label by the French government (Ministries of Culture, of Higher Education and of Foreign Affairs) since 2010.
Our teaching is based on a communicative method with active student participation:
- A placement test allows the Director of Studies to analyze the needs of each student and place them in the best class for their level.
- All of our professors custom create their course materials so that classes are adapted to the precise needs of their students.
- In addition to the materials developed by professors, our classes use authentic documents (newspapers, magazines, songs, recorded conversations, films, documentaries) and excerpts from recent FLE textbooks.
- Every day, students have a homework assignment that is an integral part of learning. Corrected and returned to students the next day by the professor, this work focuses on written skills. This ongoing monitoring is supplemented by a monthly exam on the previous month’s coursework.
- Particular attention is paid to acquiring balanced levels in oral and written skills (comprehension and expression), which enables students to take, for example, French university entrance tests.
- French culture and civilization are not forgotten topics and are featured in our classes. Visits to museums and Paris neighborhoods, culinary tastings, etc. are regularly offered in our classes and integrated into tuition fees.
The Different Language Levels (CEFRL)
The descriptions in this document will help you to understand the different CEFRL levels.
The French Language Diploma
Etoile’s French Language Diploma exam session takes place every year in June. It is open to students enrolled at Etoile for at least the third trimester of the academic year and who have passed written and oral end-of-year examinations.
An attendance certificate can be issued at any time of the year, at the student’s request.